This tutorial is for ReShade 3.2.2 released on April 22nd 2018.

1. Go to https://reshade.me/ and download ReShade

2. Open the installer (Right click on the installer and Run it as administrator)

3. Click on “Select game” and find your game.
Usually: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin
and choose the .exe file (depending on which version game you have choose 32 or 64bit)

4. Select “Direct3D 9” and if it asks “Do you wish to download a collection of standard effects from their Github, click YES (otherwise other peoples presets may not work properly for you).

5. Select everything and hit OK

6. ReShade installation part is over and you can close the installer.

7. Now we need some presets.
You can find my personal favorite presets HERE.

8. For presentation purposes let’s download this preset by whiisker.

9. UnZip the file. Move the preset (.ini) in to the Bin folder.
Usually: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

10. Open The Sims 4 game. (The game may be slower and even freeze but this too shall pass 😏 so don’t worry about that)

11. To open ReShade in game hit Shift + F2. Follow and Read the tutorial carefully.

12.  Enable “Performance Mode” in Settings tab. Use the Configuration mode only when you want to change settings.

13. To enable the downloaded preset go to Home and choose the preset you downloaded. In this case “Whiisker_Prismatic_TS4_Preset”

14. Take screenshots using “Print Screen”(Not C).

You can set a different destination folder for your screenshots.
By default it’s  C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

And we’re done!

Advertisements
Author Katverse
Published
Categories Tutorial
Views 4495

Comments (12)

• Jadia Walker
    July 4, 2018 at 22:36 Reply
    So if you put the preset in the bin wouldn't that mean you are deleting it?
  • Jadia Walker
    July 7, 2018 at 01:08 Reply
    Hey, me again. What do you do if reshade isn't opening with the keys set?
  • Olivia
    August 20, 2018 at 02:36 Reply
    It keeps saying "Unable to download archive" what do I do?
  • kgreen
    August 30, 2018 at 20:43 Reply
    I've been trying to get this exact preset to work--I'm glad I found this tutorial, Hopefully it works for me.
  • andrew
    August 31, 2018 at 22:52 Reply
    i have a windows and the shift+f2 command doesnt work... any tips?
    • Katverse
      September 2, 2018 at 09:05 Reply
      Did you see ReShade banner while the game was starting up? If not then ReShade was not loaded.
      • Keke
        September 11, 2018 at 05:35 Reply
        I'm having the same problem. Everything is downloaded and installed correctly, but when I press shift and F2, it's not working. Does having windows 10 have an effect on this?
        • Katverse
          September 11, 2018 at 08:58 Reply
          I've seen a lot of people having this issue. And all mighty google says: *try closing all apps, most importantly the ones with overlay *playing in windows fullscreen *you can change the hot key in the ini file ...and that's pretty much it. I couldn't find much info about this problem. Maybe you'll find some help from the Reshade forum: https://reshade.me/forum/search?query=f2&titleonly=1&childforums=1&ids=
  • Tatiana
    September 29, 2018 at 08:19 Reply
    Hi i'm not sure if you'll respond but i'm having trouble with installation. When i finish downloading and open my game the pop up doesnt show on the top of the screen that the reshade is installing. i've tried taking it off my computer and installing it two times and still no pop up when i start up the sims. any suggestions? thank you.
  • Tatiana
    September 29, 2018 at 08:26 Reply
    hello im not sure if i'll get a response but i'm having some problems with installation. i put all the files in the correct places but when i go to start up the game the pop up at the top of the start up screen doesn't show up saying reshade is loading. i've uninstalled it and reinstalled twice, still no pop up. any suggestions? thanks.
    • Katverse
      September 30, 2018 at 12:59 Reply
      Hello Tatiana! To be honest I don't know why it won't load for you.. I know some other have had the same problem but I would try to ask it from the Reshade forum. I'm sure you'll find a better answer there: https://reshade.me/forum