I thought I’d do a simple „how to“ post about mods and custom content(CC) in the Sims 4 game.
- Downloaded Custom Content(CC) goes to folder called (location: (My) Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods)
- Inside the “Mods” folder you will find the cfgfile. This file enables CC in your game.
So, let’s do it step-by-step:
- Websites you’ll find some great Custom Content:
- Let’s go to thesimsresource.com and download some goods.
I have purchased the VIP membership(3.50$month) status so I could skip the waiting time.
Let’s say we want to download some pretty hairstyles for our pretty sims. Then just simply pick out the style you want and click on “download”.
Some CC requires an original mesh and the edits for it to show. So always read all the info about the CC you’re about to download.
When downloaded content is in .package form, simply place them into the Mods folderand you are good to go.
Sometimes CC comes in a .zip or .RAR file. These types of files must be opened using a data compression utility. I use 7-Zip for that(7-zip.org). How to use 7-Zip.
- When everything’s placed into mods folder it’s time to open the game:
We have to enable CC/Mods in The Sims 4 game options. Go to Game Options > Other > Enable Custom Content and Mods.
- Restart your game.
And that’s it.. I think.
Btw if your game doesn’t work it’s probably because you’ve downloaded some bad CC. In that case you have to delete that bad file. Windows users can use this amazing tool calledModConflictDetector.
If you have any problems just let me know and I will do my best to help you.